Please be advised that the Chairperson of the Western Cape Provincial Parliament’s Standing Committee on Public Accounts, Hon Grant Haskin, will hold a media briefing session tomorrow from 14:00 to 14:30 in Committee Room 1, 4th Floor, Provincial Legislature Building, 7 Wale Street, Cape Town.
The purpose of the briefing session is to:
· Increase media awareness about the start of the annual reporting process;
· Improve the understanding of how the process works;
· Describe the format of the process;
· Introduce the role-players;
· Explain the accountability process and the importance of the annual reporting sessions;
· Explain the need for more media coverage and attendance by media representatives;
· Improving public awareness and public involvement and explaining the process for getting involved through the media; and
· The importance of seeing oversight and accountability in action.
Attached is the SCOPA programme for the annual reporting process as well as a document outlining the process by which annual reports are analysed.
Hon Haskin will present the session and will be available to take questions at the conclusion of the briefing.
DATE: Tuesday, 16 October 2012
TIME: 14:00 to 14:30
VENUE: Committee Room 1, 4th Floor, Provincial Legislature Building, 7 Wale Street, Cape Town.
For further information please contact Mr Dustin Davids, Committee Coordinator: Standing Committee on Public Accounts, firstname.lastname@example.org, T 021 487 1683, C 078 155 5461.
Manager: Communication & Information
Western Cape Provincial Parliament
Tel +27 21 487 1853