The usual action packed political life continues. What’s on the plan for today?
- Go through several Bills including Electoral Amendment Bill, 18th Constitutional Amendment Bill, Electronic Communications Bill and a few others….
- Prep for tomorrows SCOPA meeting with Dept Cultural Affairs and Sport, with Provincial Parliament and with the WC Education Dept on the Learner Transport Report….
- Prep for Thursdays sitting of Provincial Parliament….
- Go through all of last weeks city-based community newspapers and single out specific matters for further action…
- Discuss details re the ACDP’s Heritage Day celebrations (24 Sept in Khayelitsha) and the ACDP’s Provincial General Conference (14 Sept in Langa), sign off on related plans and budgets, etc….
- Wrap up SADCOPAC and APAC Conference arrangements for beginning of Sept (Tanzania) and end Sept (Eastern Cape) respectively….
- Finalise the wording of a letter requesting donations to the ACDP…
- Then go to Manenberg SAPS with the Standing Committee to assess the impact of their work with security partners on dealing with the gangsterism/drugs/violence crisis that saw schools being shut last week and countless SAPS and residents killed, injured and intimidated….
- Confirm my precious car is booked in for restorative electrical work from tomorrow.=
- After all this, I join family members at my dad’s 81st birthday dinner – Thank you Lord for my father and mother. I love, respect and cherish every moment I have with them.