CITY IMPOSING WATER MANAGEMENT DEVICES ON NON-WATER ABUSERS?
* Please send complaints to Mayor directly.
Today at the Council meeting I asked the Mayor why the City is imposing Water Management Devices on households who are NOT exceeding the daily water limit of 87 litres per day.
Her reply was that WMD’s are only installed on properties that:
* have exceeded the water restrictions limits for the last 6 months
* have failed to respond to repeated communications from the City (visits, calls, sms, rates account messages, etc) to reduce water use.
* did not apply for permission to use more water because of the number of people in the household.
* law enforcement are present only when the household refuses entry.
If you have a complaint about any of this please email the Mayor and Mayoral Committee member directly, and they will take each case up with the department.